1. Have you opened the window? Have you pulled your own collar away from the choke with both hands?
2. Have you crawled away from the pant leg hold?
3. When you lay on your back, are you sure you're lying at the direction where you pull your gi?
4. Have you trapped your op's leg with your back?
5. Have you sit up? CRUCIAL#1
6. Have you posted your elbow--NOT your forearm--between yourself and your op? CRUCIAL #2
7. Have you grabbed his free leg with your free arm? CRUCIAL #3
8. When you shrimp out, have you used your leg closest to your op to trap his trapped leg? CRUCIAL #49. Have you sat on your knees after you pass?
Sit-up Half Guard attack #1:
1. Did your op's toreana pass force you to sit up?
2. When you grab his nearest leg, have you wrapped your closest arm to his leg around it?
3. Are your feet in a bow and arrow position?
4. Have you grabbed a belt?
5. If not, have you grabbed at least the farthest lapel?
6. Have you grabbed his other pant leg slightly above the knee?
7. Is it an underhand grab?
8. Have you spun your body so you have very little effort to lift him up?
9. Have you felt his leg on your stomach?
10. Did he post? If not, complete the pass.
11. If yes, have you grabbed both his legs together?
12. And then, have you spun in an opposite direction so that he would lay on his back or side?
13. Complete the pass.
Attack No. 2
1. Have you followed No.1 to 4 in the previous technique?
2. Have you used the instep of your farthest foot to lightly trap the front thigh of your op's farthest leg?
3. Have you used your free arm to grab the belt behind your op?
4. When you spun under your opponent, was your body perpendicular to him?
5. Did you pull his belt down?
6. Did he sit on you? Did you make sure to use your hips and crotch to lose his balance?
7. Did you push his butt so you can free your trapped leg so it can sink in a rear naked hook?
8. Did your op post with his hand? Armbar that arm.
9. Did your op post with the blade of his forearm? Armbar the opposite arm.
Attack No. 3:
1. From Attack No.1, have you grabbed his opposite arm with your hand that was wrapped on his leg?
2. Have you grabbed his farthest collar?
3. Have you adjusted your bow and arrow legs so that the instep of your closer foot could trap your op's leg?
4. Have you pulled down his arm?
5. Have you kicked his trapped leg?
6. Are you in a rear-naked position? Complete the choke.
Attack No. 2 second variation:
1. At kneeling position, when you grab your op's collar, was your arm under his posted leg?
2. Have you performed the techniques on Attack No. 2?
3. If the op sat up, can you position for a mount instead?
Another interesting spider guard pass: